Looking for a cool, healthy treat? This icy dessert is full of fruit and little else.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2010
- 4 ripe peaches (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled, halved, pitted, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus more if needed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Puree peaches, water, sugar, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a blender; add more sugar to taste. Transfer to an 8-inch-square baking dish. Freeze for 2 1/2 hours, scraping with a fork every hour (mixture should be icy and fluffy). Stir in basil.
This granita goes beautifully with fresh cherries.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.