Ganache for Mocha Fudge Brownies
- 8 ounces best-quality bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place chocolate in a small bowl; set aside. In a medium saucepan, heat cream, butter, sugar, espresso powder, salt, and vanilla over medium heat. Pour over chocolate, and let stand until chocolate is partially melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, stir chocolate until completely melted and smooth. Let stand until thickened and the consistency of frosting, about 1 hour.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.