Fried Shallot Rings
Emeril's spicy shallot rings recipe, published in his book "From Emeril's Kitchens," is a tasty change of pace from traditional onion rings. They perfectly complement his Pan-Roasted Filet Mignons.
The Martha Stewart Show, October 2010
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced shallot rings
- 2 tablespoons Emeril's <a target="_blank" href="http://www.emerilstore.com/prodinfo.asp?number=23FS001">Kick It Up Red Pepper Sauce</a> or other hot pepper sauce
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place shallots and pepper sauce in a large bowl; toss to combine. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat until it reaches 360 degrees on a deep-fry thermometer. Place flour in a shallow dish and dredge shallots in flour to coat; shake off excess. Transfer to hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer shallots to a paper-towel-lined plate. Season with salt and pepper; serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.