Old-Fashioned Tapioca with Sauteed Nectarines
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large nectarines (about 10 ounces total), each sliced into 10 wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 springs fresh mint, (optional)
- Combine tapioca, sugar, 2 tablespoons honey, salt, eggs, and milk in a medium saucepan, and whisk to combine. Let stand, without stirring, for about 5 minutes. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Transfer to a medium bowl set over a bowl of ice water. Let stand to cool, stirring occasionally, 12 to 15 minutes. When cool, pudding can be refrigerated for up to 1 day before serving.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons honey in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add nectarine wedges, and sprinkle with ground ginger. Cook until fruit is just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Divide the pudding among four dishes and spoon nectarines over. Top each with a sprig of mint, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.