Martha Stewart Living Television
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for pan
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, separated
- Fresh berries, for serving
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 9-inch pie plate; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, flour, sugar, and egg yolks. Whisk to combine. Add butter, and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites to soft peaks with a wire whisk.
- Gently but thoroughly fold egg whites into milk mixture. Scrape into prepared pie plate, and bake until the custard is golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack until lukewarm. Cut into wedges, and serve garnished with berries.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.