Colored Butter Glaze for Easter Egg Cakes
This glaze is made in two batches, to prevent it from drying out.
Martha Stewart Living, April
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons milk
- Food coloring
- 2 cups sifted confectioner's sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- Pour milk into a small bowl, and stir in food coloring until the desired shade is reached; set aside. Place 1 cup confectioners' sugar in a medium bowl, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Remove pan from heat, and immediately pour butter into the bowl with sugar. Add 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon tinted milk, and whisk until smooth. Immediately glaze three of the cakes; the mixture should be just thin enough so that it runs down the sides of the cake; if not, add a small amount of milk until thinned.
- Repeat Step 2 to glaze the remaining cakes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.