Jean Cooper's String Beans
This recipe comes to us from Martha Stewart Living TV facility manager Lynn Goodwin; it was passed down to her by her grandmother, Jean Cooper.
Martha Stewart Living Television
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, cut into small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound string beans, washed and trimmed
- 1/2 cup water
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, and cook, stirring occasionally until edges begin to turn golden, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Transfer to pressure cooker.
- Add string beans and water. Season with salt and pepper. Place the cooker over medium-high heat. Cook for 1 minute, following manufacturer's instructions for cooking fresh beans. When beans are done, follow manufacturer's instructions for releasing pressure. Remove string beans from cooker. Taste, and adjust for seasoning. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.