Old Bay Deviled Eggs
To make egg salad: Reduce yolks to 3 and mix with remaining ingredients in Old Bay Deviled Eggs. Stir in 6 egg whites, roughly chopped. Makes enough for 2 sandwiches.
Everyday Food, June 2010
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Yield Makes 12
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 celery stalk, finely chopped (1/3 cup), plus 12 leaves for serving
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Ground pepper
- In a large pot, cover eggs with cold water by 2 inches and bring to a boil over high. Boil 1 minute, remove from heat, cover, and let sit 10 minutes. Transfer eggs to a colander and run cold water over them until cool enough to handle. Peel, then slice each egg in half lengthwise. Remove yolks with a spoon and place in a small bowl.
- Mash yolks with a fork. Add mayonnaise, celery, Old Bay, and mustard and mash into a smooth paste. Gradually add milk, stirring, until yolk mixture has a creamy consistency. Season mixture with pepper. With a spoon, fill each egg white half with about 1 tablespoon yolk mixture. Top each with a celery leaf before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.