Irish Oatmeal Biscuits
Make these biscuits, adapted from Zingerman's Irish Oatmeal, for a tasty breakfast the whole family will enjoy. Or, serve alongside tea for a delicious snack.
Yield Makes about 4 dozen
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- 3/4 cup <a href="/article/marthas-finds-zingermans-irish-oatmeal">Zingerman's Irish Oatmeal</a>
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons salted butter, cut into small pieces, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, mix together flour and oatmeal. Add butter and sugar; using your hands mix until it comes together and forms a dough. Form dough into a disk and cover with plastic wrap; transfer to refrigerator until chilled, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Line two baking sheets with nonstick baking mats or parchment paper. Roll out dough on a floured work surface to 1/8-inch thick. Using a 1 3/4-inch round cutter, cut out biscuits; transfer to prepared baking sheets, spacing 1 inch apart. Continue rerolling scraps and cutting out biscuits. Transfer baking sheets to refrigerator; let biscuits chill 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Transfer baking sheets to oven and bake until lightly browned, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool slightly on baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.