Chocolate-Creme Brulee Ice Cream Sandwiches
The same custard used in the sophisticated creme brulee becomes a more casual treat when cooked in a baking pan, frozen, cut into circles, and then layered between crisp caramelized-sugar tuiles.
Martha Stewart Living, February 2011
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 4 hours 20 minutes
Yield Makes 15
- Chocolate Creme Brulee (http://www.marthastewart.com/329042/chocolate-creme-brulee)
- Sugar Tuiles (http://www.marthastewart.com/333072/sugar-tuiles)
- Follow steps 1 and 2 to make
chocolate creme brulee. Pour
mixture into an 8-inch baking
dish. Transfer dish to a roasting
pan, and fill pan with enough
boiling water to reach halfway
up the sides of dish. Bake
until custard is just set, 1 hour
to 1 hour 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Freeze custard for at least
4 hours. Cut out circles using a
2-inch round cookie cutter.
Place between 2 tuile cookies.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.