Maestro's Old Fashioned
Martha's friend Salli LaGrone serves this traditional drink during the holidays.
Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1999/2000
- 1 cube of sugar
- Dash of angostura bitters
- 2 ounces best-quality bourbon
- 1 two-inch strip orange zest
- Orange slice, for garnish
- Put sugar cube into an old-fashioned glass with bitters and 2 drops cold water; stir a bit to dissolve the sugar. Add ice cubes and bourbon. Stir. Twist orange zest over the drink to release the oils, then drop in. Garnish with an orange slice. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.