Tourned Steamed Potatoes
Simple flavors of butter, lemon, and fresh herbs are used in this elegant French side dish.
Mad Hungry, February 2011
- 7 small yellow potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Put 1 cup water and some salt into a saucepan with a steamer basket inside and bring to a boil.
- Using a paring knife, peel the potatoes, turning as you peel off the skin, into a football shape.
- Add potatoes to the basket and steam until potatoes are knife-tender and the water has evaporated, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the potatoes to a bowl and add 1 tablespoon butter, chopped herbs, and white pepper. Toss to coat. Serve warm.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.