- 9 hard-cooked eggs, peeled, whites chopped, 3 yolks crumbled, remaining yolks reserved for another use
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise, plus more for spreading
- 1 medium stalk celery, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Madras curry powder (optional)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- 1 small head radicchio
- 1 small bunch arugula, trimmed (optional)
- Mix whites, yolks, mayonnaise, celery, mustard, and curry if desired. Season with salt and pepper. Spread mayonnaise on 4 slices bread. Top each with radicchio, egg salad, and arugula if desired. Sandwich with remaining bread.
For best results, use organic eggs and thinly sliced bread to enhance the bright-yellow salad made crunchy with celery and radicchio.