Herbed Wild Rice
Wild rice is actually not a type of rice at all; it is in fact a long-grain marsh grass that has a chewy texture and nutty flavor.
Martha Stewart Living, February 2001
- 2 cups wild rice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh marjoram
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Rinse wild rice well under cold running water. Drain well, and set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Stir in wild rice, reduce to a simmer, and cook until wild rice is tender, about 40 minutes.
- Drain wild rice, transfer it to a bowl, and stir in olive oil, parsley, and marjoram. Season with salt and pepper, and serve at room temperature or chilled.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.