Pork And Soba Noodle Salad
Made from buckwheat flour, these Japanese-style noodles have a nutty taste and are pleasantly chewy.
Everyday Food, November 2005
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- Salt and pepper
- 6 ounces soba noodles
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, cut into strips
- 3 scallions, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- Reserved cooked pork tenderloin Roast Pork Tenderloin With Acorn Squash (http://www.marthastewart.com/258085/roast-pork-tenderloin-with-acorn-squash)
- Red-pepper flakes and lime wedges, (optional)
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles according to package instructions; drain.
- In a large bowl whisk together hoisin, lime juice, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Add noodles, carrots, bell pepper, and scallions; toss.
- Thinly slice pork; cut each slice in half crosswise. Add to bowl with noodles; toss well. Serve at room temperature or chilled; garnish with pepper flakes and lime wedges, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.