When spices are applied as a rub, their flavors permeate the meat during cooking with an intensity that sauces can't match. Dredge raw meat in the barbecue rub one to three days before grilling.
Martha Stewart Living, August 2002
- 1 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl; whisk to combine. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.