Dutch Baby Pancake
This puffy baked treat is a breeze to make because you whirl the batter together in the blender. Once out of the oven, the pancake collapses quickly, so have your forks ready.
Everyday Food, March 2009
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a medium cast-iron or ovenproof nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat; set aside.
- In a blender, combine eggs, milk, flour, salt, vanilla, and 1/4 cup sugar. Blend until foamy, about 1 minute. Pour batter into skillet; bake until pancake is puffed and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Working quickly, dot pancake with 1 tablespoon butter, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar and lemon juice. Slice into wedges, and serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.