Melon Berry Bowls
Yogurt, granola, honeydew melon, and blueberries create a creamy, crunchy -- and quick -- breakfast or after-school snack.
Martha Stewart Kids, Summer
- 1 small honeydew
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger, (optional)
- 1 cup granola, plus more for garnish
- Cut melon in half crosswise; remove seeds with a spoon. Using a melon baller, scoop out flesh and transfer melon balls to a bowl; reserve melon rinds to use as serving bowls. Add blueberries to the melon balls; toss to combine.
- Stir together yogurt, maple syrup, lemon juice, and ginger in a small bowl.
- Fill each melon rind with 1/2 cup of the yogurt mixture; top with 1/2 cup granola. Top with half of the melon mixture. Spoon 1/4 cup plain yogurt over each; garnish with more granola. To serve, spoon layered mixture into small serving bowls.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.