Bake and cool your Parmesan spiral appetizers one day before serving. Store them at room temperature.
Everyday Food, December 2006
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- All-purpose flour, for rolling
- 1 sheet puff pastry (from a 17.3-ounce package), thawed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- In a bowl, mix cheese and paprika; season with salt and pepper. On a floured surface, roll out pastry to 10 by 14 inches. Brush with egg. Sprinkle with cheese mixture; using a rolling pin, roll mixture into pastry. Roll up pastry, starting from short end. Refrigerate until firm, about 25 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut roll into 3/8-inch-thick slices. Place on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on sheet; transfer to a rack to cool completely.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.