- 1 1/2 pounds waxy potatoes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups baby spinach (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Heat broiler, with rack in top position. In a medium saucepan, bring potatoes to a boil in salted water and cook until tender when pierced with a knife, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thread 3 pieces salmon onto each of eight 6-inch wooden skewers. Place skewers in a single layer on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Brush salmon with oil and season with salt and pepper. Fold foil over exposed areas of skewers to prevent burning.
- Broil salmon until opaque throughout, about 6 minutes, flipping once. Remove from oven and drizzle with honey.
- Drain potatoes. While still hot, gently smash each potato with the back of a spoon to flatten slightly and place, along with spinach and butter, in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then toss to combine. Serve salmon skewers with potatoes and spinach.
While the potatoes are still hot, use a spoon to crush them. The exposed surface area will soak up the butter and seasonings.