Savory Pie Crust
Make this crust for our Herbed Quiche with Blue Cheese.Recipes by Emeril Lagasse, from "Farm to Fork," HarperStudio, New York, 2010, courtesy Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.
Yield One 9- or 10-inch pie shell
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 to 4 tablespoons ice water
- Place the flour, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse to combine. Add the butter and process until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. While the machine is running, gradually drizzle in the water, processing until the dough comes together to form a ball.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and shape it into a flat disk. Wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.