This recipe for barbecue beans is from Ollie Gates, owner of Gates Bar-B-Q in Kansas City.
Martha Stewart Living Television
- 2 cans (55 ounces each) baked beans
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons Rib Seasoning (http://www.marthastewart.com/256510/rib-seasoning)
- 3/4 cup Barbecue Sauce (http://www.marthastewart.com/257945/barbecue-sauce)
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- In a cast-iron pot, combine all ingredients.
- Cook on the grill, stirring occasionally, until hardened "crust" forms on top of beans, about 20 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.