Tomato-Potato Salad with Basil
The potatoes taste best hot off the grill with the cool tomatoes, but they can also be served at room temperature.
Martha Stewart Living, August/September Late Summer 1993
- 4 to 6 red potatoes (about 1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 to 3 large, ripe tomatoes (enough for 12 slices)
- 16 fresh basil leaves, half green and half purple basil, if available
- Balsamic vinegar
- Brush potato slices lightly with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on a medium-hot grill and cook, covered, 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until tender.
- Slice tomatoes and arrange on plates along with potatoes, tucking basil leaves among them.
- Drizzle with vinegar and additional oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.