Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
Everyday Food, April 2005
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 pounds new potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- In a 5-quart saucepan, cover potatoes with salted water. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Cook until tender when pierced with the tip of a paring knife, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain; return to pan. Cook over medium-high, stirring, until dry, 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, bring milk to a simmer. Mash potatoes with butter, horseradish, hot milk, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- If too thin, cook over medium heat, stirring, until thickened.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.