Grilled Brioche with Warm Fruit
Slices of grilled brioche bread make a simple dessert with warm berries and whipped cream.
Everyday Food, July/August 2010
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 ounces blueberries (1 cup)
- 5 ounces strawberries, hulled and quartered (1 cup)
- 5 ounces raspberries (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 slices brioche (1/2-inch thick)
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- Heat a grill to medium-high. In a large cast-iron skillet, combine sugar, bourbon, and water. Place on grill and cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Add blueberries and strawberries and cook until fruit is warmed through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in raspberries. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Butter both sides of each brioche slice. Grill, turning quickly, until golden brown, about 10 seconds per side. Serve brioche topped with fruit mixture and whipped cream.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.