Sauteed Asparagus and Peas
For extra flavor, add a splash of lemon juice or a sprinkling of fresh dill or parsley just before serving.
Everyday Food, May 2006
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 pounds medium-thick asparagus, tough ends trimmed, cut into 11/2-inch lengths on the diagonal
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium. Add asparagus; cook, stirring occasionally, until bright green and slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add peas; cook, stirring, until asparagus are tender and peas are heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.