Oil-cured olives give this tapenade a smooth texture; they are available in the gourmet section of most supermarkets.
Photography: Anita Calero
Martha Stewart Living, October 1996
- 1/2 cup oil-cured black olives
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/2 small clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Slice olives in half using a sharp knife; discard pits. Finely chop olives, pine nuts, garlic, parsley, and rosemary; place in a small bowl.
- To the bowl, add tomatoes, zest, and olive oil; mix to combine.
- Serve at room temperature on the tuna nicoise sandwich. Tapenade can also be prepared ahead and refrigerated, covered, up to three days. Bring to room temperature before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.