Roasted Plums with Creme Fraiche
Italian plums, sometimes called prune plums, can be found at farmers markets during the summer months.
Martha Stewart Living
- 2 pounds Italian plums or other variety
- 3 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Slice plums in half, and remove pits. Toss plum halves with 2 tablespoons brown sugar; place in an ovenproof skillet.
- Transfer skillet to oven, and roast plums until they are soft and juice is bubbling, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool slightly.
- Just before serving, place creme fraiche in a small, clean mixing bowl, and whip with a whisk until it holds a soft peak like whipped cream. Spoon plums into serving bowls. Top plums with a dollop of whipped creme fraiche. Sprinkle remaining tablespoon brown sugar over creme fraiche, and serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.