Quick Pear Chutney
Photography: EARL CARTER
Martha Stewart Living, February 2003
- Prep Time 8 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 ripe but firm pears, cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread walnuts in a single layer on a small rimmed baking sheet, and toast until fragrant and browned, 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool, and roughly chop. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot, and saute until softened, about 2 minutes. Add pears, vinegar, honey, and cloves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook until pears are tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Discard cloves, and stir in raisins and reserved walnuts. Remove from heat. Serve warm or at room temperature.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.