- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, heat extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high. Add fennel and onion, and season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook 5 to 7 minutes. Uncover, add 1 tablespoon water, and cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown and soft, 2 minutes.
To store, refrigerate, up to 3 days.