Sausage and Olives Pizza
Sweet Italian sausage and briny green and black olives top this flavorful grilled pizza. No grill? no problem. Cook this pizza dough in a cast-iron skillet over high heat, or on a preheated sheet pan or pizza stone in a 500-degree oven.
Everyday Food, July/August 2010
Yield Makes one 10-inch pizza
- 3 ounces cooked sweet Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup pitted black and green olives
- 1 1/2 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves
- Herb Oil (http://www.marthastewart.com/333201/herb-oil)
- Basic Grilled Pizza Dough (http://www.marthastewart.com/333200/basic-grilled-pizza-dough)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Heat it up: Set up a grill with heat source, coals or gas, on one side over medium-high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill.
- Stretch it: On a lightly floured work surface, stretch or roll 1 piece basic grilled pizza dough or 4 ounces store-bought dough into a 10-inch-long oval or other desired shape. Brush one side lightly with herb oil or olive oil and season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
- Grill it: Using your hands, place dough, oiled side down, directly over heat source. Brush dough with herb oil or olive oil and cook until underside is lightly charred and bubbles form all over top, 1 to 2 minutes. With tongs, flip dough and cook until lightly charred, 1 to 2 minutes. Slide dough to cooler side of grill.
- Top it: Top with desired cheese and toppings; cover grill. Cook until cheese melts and toppings are heated through, 2 to 5 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.