Tomatoes stuffed with goat cheese bring a bit of the Mediterranean to your backyard picnic.
Everyday Food, July/August 2010
- 2 pounds large cherry tomatoes (about 24)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram or oregano
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Heat broiler. Place tomatoes, stem side up, on a rimmed baking sheet and brush with oil. Broil just until skins blister, 1 minute. In a small bowl, lightly mash goat cheese and stir in marjoram. Season with salt and pepper. With a paring knife, cut a small opening in the top of each tomato; stuff with 1 teaspoon goat-cheese mixture.
To store, cover and refrigerate, up to 1 day; bring to room temperature before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.