Martha Stewart Living, January 2001
- 4 whole pieces star anise
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place star anise in a spice grinder, and grind to a fine powder. Measure out 2 teaspoonfuls, reserving the rest for another use.
- Grind fennel seeds in the spice grinder to form a fine powder.
- Combine all ingredients, and store in an airtight container away from the light. Keeps for 6 months.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.