Roasted Pears and Sweet Potatoes
Bartlett pears have smooth skin. They ripen to a bright yellow and have a soft, sweet flesh. They are good for eating and baking.
Everyday Food, October 2003
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 sweet potatoes, sliced 1 1/2 inches thick
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Coarse salt
- 2 Bartlett pears, cored, quartered, and halved
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Scrub 2 sweet potatoes. Quarter lengthwise; slice diagonally 1 1/2 inches thick. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss slices with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon dry mustard, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne; season with coarse salt. Roast, tossing occasionally, until crisp-tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Core and quarter 2 Bartlett pears; halve crosswise. Add to the potatoes; toss all with another tablespoon oil. Continue roasting until potatoes are fork-tender, about 10 minutes more.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.