Martha Stewart Living Television
- 1 pound sharp cheddar cheese, grated (5 cups)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 slices white bread
- 5 slices beefsteak tomato
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then a wire rack. In a medium bowl, stir together cheese, egg yolks, beer, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place bread on wire rack, and place under broiler until lightly toasted on one side. Remove from broiler, and invert.
- Divide cheese mixture evenly between the bread, pressing gently to adhere. Place tomato slices on the rack next to bread. Drizzle tomatoes with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Return to broiler, and cook until cheese is bubbling and golden brown, about 2 minutes. Place a slice of tomato on top of each serving; serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.