Coconut-Guajillo Poached Seafood Taco with Yucatan Salsa
This delicious recipe, courtesy of Sue Torres, is great as an appetizer or dinner for two.
The Martha Stewart Show, July Summer 2007
- 1 can coconut milk (11 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 Serrano chile, coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 cup Guajillo Chile Sauce (http://www.marthastewart.com/254867/guajillo-chile-sauce)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon, tuna, snapper, bass, or halibut, coarsely chopped
- 6 corn tortillas (6 inches each), warmed
- Yucatan Salsa (http://www.marthastewart.com/255914/yucatan-salsa)
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into 1/2-inch slices, for serving
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges, for serving
- Place coconut milk, sugar, chile, lemon zest and juice, orange zest and juice, guajillo sauce, bay leaf, and garlic in a large heavy-bottomed saucepot. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature to a simmer and let liquid reduce for 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add fish to liquid and let simmer until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer fish using a slotted spoon to tortillas, dividing fish evenly between each. Spoon Yucatan salsa on top of fish; serve immediately with avocado slices and lime wedges.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.