Try these popovers for a delicious breakfast or tasty snack any time of day.
The Martha Stewart Show, September 2009
- Unsalted butter, room temperature, for pan
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 scant teaspoons salt
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Generously butter a 6-cup popover tin; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, milk, and salt. Add eggs, one at a time, and stir to combine (some small lumps may remain); do not overmix.
- Using a 1/2-cup measure, gently pour batter into the center of each prepared popover cup. Transfer tin to oven and bake for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking until puffed and golden, about 20 minutes more. Immediately invert pan to remove popovers, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.