Breakfast Anytime Sandwiches
Martha Stewart Kids, Holiday
- 2 slices bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup spinach, tough stems discarded, leaves rinsed and finely shredded
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Drain slices on paper towels, then crumble. Reserve rendered fat in skillet for hash browns, if desired.
- Heat broiler. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk, then whisk in the remaining ingredients (except muffins and 4 tablespoons cheese).
- Heat an ovenproof 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Pour in the egg mixture, and cook until bottom is set, about 7 minutes. Transfer to broiler, and cook until top is set and puffy, about 1 minute. Remove from oven, and immediately slide onto a cutting board; let rest 1 minute.
- Using a biscuit cutter or inverted glass, cut out four rounds, or cut into four wedges with a knife. Place one portion on the bottom half of each of the English muffins. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle remaining 4 tablespoons cheese over the sandwiches; broil until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 30 seconds. Place top half of muffins on each sandwich, and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.