Hot Chocolate with Marshmallow Hearts
Nothing says "I love you" like a warm mug of chocolate with floating marshmallow hearts.
Martha Stewart Living, February 1996
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus one teaspoon unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped or shaved semisweet chocolate
- Vegetalbe oil or cooking spray
- Large marshmallows
- Bring milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and chocolate to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until chocolate has melted (do not let boil). Pour into mugs.
- Grease a heart-shaped petit four cutter or aspic cutter with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Cut several marshmallows in half horizontally, and then press the cutter into the center of each one. Float the marshmallows and the cutouts on hot chocolate.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.