Use this recipe to make our Monogrammed Hanukkah Cookies.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2009
- Yield Makes 12 to 14 large cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment. Wisk together flour and salt. In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter until fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add sugar, and continue to beat until pale and fluffy, occasionally scraping down the sides of bowl, about 2 minutes more. Beat in vanilla. Add flour mixture, and mix on low speed, scraping sides if necessary, until flour is just incorporated and dough sticks together when squeezed with fingers.
- Turn out dough, forming into 2 disks; wrap each in plastic. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Roll out 1 disk to a 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out shapes using desired cookie cutter, and transfer to prepared baking sheets. Reroll scraps. Repeat with remaining disk. Indent cookies with desired stamps. Refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes. Bake until firm and golden, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Cookies can be stored at room temperature for up to 1 month.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.