Creamed Fresh Corn
Martha Stewart Living, August 2002
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 8 ears fresh corn, husks and silk removed, kernels cut from cobs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add jalapeno, and cook 1 minute. Add corn; cook, stirring, until kernels are tender but not browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer 1 1/2 cups cooked corn to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, and add cream and milk. Process until mixture is very smooth, about 3 minutes. Pass mixture through a fine sieve into a medium bowl, pressing down on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Return strained liquid to saute pan, and stir to combine with remaining corn mixture. Cook over medium heat until liquid just comes to a simmer. Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.