This ginger caipirinha recipe is one of designer Francisco Costa's favorite cocktails -- be sure to also try his Passion Fruit Caipirinha.
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, May 2009
- 1/2 lime, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 slice fresh, peeled ginger
- Crushed ice
- 2 ounces cachaca
- Sugar cane stick, for garnish
- Add lime quarters, sugar, ginger, and ice to a mixing glass or cocktail shaker; muddle well.
- Fill an 8-ounce glass 3/4 full with crushed ice. Add the cachaca.
- Pour the muddled mixture into glass with cachaca. Stir well to make sure sugar dissolves completely. Garnish with sugar cane stick.
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.