Try topping these with our fresh tomato salsa, made in the summer when the fruits are most flavorful.
Everyday Food, July/August 2006
- Prep Time 35 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for grates
- 3 medium zucchini (1 1/2 pounds total), cut into 1/2-inch-wide slices on the diagonal
- 4 portobello mushrooms (1 pound total), stemmed
- 1 1/2 bunches scallions, root ends trimmed
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 flour tortillas, (10-inch or burrito-size)
- 3 cups store-bought fresh salsa, or <u>Fresh Tomato Salsa</u>
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- 1 lime, cut lengthwise into 4 wedges (optional), for serving
- Heat grill to high; lightly oil grates. In separate piles, arrange zucchini, mushrooms, and scallions on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Working in batches if necessary, remove each pile of vegetables from baking sheet. Grill, turning once, until lightly browned and tender, 2 minutes for scallions, 6 minutes for mushrooms, and 8 minutes for zucchini. Return all vegetables to baking sheet. Slice mushrooms into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Set aside.
- Brush tortillas with remaining tablespoon oil; grill, turning frequently, until browned and very crispy, about 2 minutes. Place 1 tortilla on each serving plate; cover evenly with mushrooms and zucchini. Using kitchen shears, snip scallions over vegetables. Top with salsa, and sprinkle with feta; serve with lime wedges, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.