Gorgonzola and Radicchio Sandwich
This sandwich is one of the most popular on the menu at Campanile restaurant in Los Angeles.
Martha Stewart Living, March 2003
- 4 slices walnut, white, or whole-wheat sourdough bread
- Clarified Butter (http://www.marthastewart.com/255643/clarified-butter)
- 8 ounces Gorgonzola dolce
- 3 tablespoons buckwheat or chestnut honey
- Candied Spicy Walnuts (http://www.marthastewart.com/307754/candied-spicy-walnuts)
- Roasted Radicchio (http://www.marthastewart.com/262319/roasted-radicchio)
- 1 bunch chives, minced
- Toast the bread: Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Brush both sides of bread with clarified butter. Place on pan, and cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Place a slice on each of four plates.
- Spread an uneven layer of Gorgonzola over each slice of bread. Spoon about 2 teaspoons honey over the cheese. Sprinkle each with about 1/4 cup chopped walnuts. Divide radicchio evenly among the four sandwiches, leaving a border of Gorgonzola around the edge. Sprinkle with chives, and garnish each sandwich with 2 walnut halves.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.