Simple Salt-and-Pepper Grilled Chicken
Salt and pepper alone can have a profound impact on perfectly cooked chicken, making for an easy, three-ingredient entree.
Martha Stewart Living, June 2007
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 whole chicken (3 to 4 pounds), quartered, rinsed, and patted dry
- Summer Bread Salad (http://www.marthastewart.com/283000/summer-bread-salad)
- Preheat grill to medium-high. (If you are using a charcoal grill, coals are ready when you can hold your hand 5 inches above grill for just 3 to 4 seconds.)
- Combine salt and pepper. Rub chicken with mixture, covering all sides and shaking off excess. (You may not need all of the mixture.) Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Place chicken on grill, skin side down. Close cover, and grill 8 minutes. Flip chicken, and close cover. Grill until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes more.
- Transfer chicken to a plate, and let rest 15 minutes. Serve with bread salad.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.