- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- Vanilla Cream (http://www.marthastewart.com/263628/vanilla-cream)
- Macerated Berries (http://www.marthastewart.com/263339/macerated-berries)
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Bring milk, water, butter, and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, and stir in flour. Return to heat, and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until mixture pulls away from sides of pan, about 4 minutes. Transfer to the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed to cool slightly, about 1 minute. With machine running, add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Transfer dough to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch round tip.
- Pipe twenty 2 1/2-inch-long eclairs onto each sheet. Bake until eclairs rise and are golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Split eclairs in half lengthwise using a serrated knife. Pipe vanilla cream onto eclair bottoms. Spoon macerated berries on top of cream, and sandwich with eclair tops. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately.
- Bake the mini eclairs the day you plan on serving them.
For a take on chocolate-covered strawberries, drizzle the eclairs with melted bittersweet chocolate.