Red Wine and Feta Vinaigrette
This vinaigrette recipe from Michael Psilakis' "How to Roast a Lamb" cookbook is used to make his Greek Salad.
The Martha Stewart Show, November 2009
- 1 small onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for onion
- Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup red-wine vinegar
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, leaves
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried Greek oregano
- Preheat a grill pan. Brush onion slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place onions on grill pan and cook, turning, until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Toss to combine.
- Transfer onion to the bowl of a food processor along with vinegar, basil, thyme, feta, mustard, garlic, shallots, oregano, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1 tablespoon pepper; pulse to combine.
- With the processor running, slowly drizzle in 3/4 cup olive oil until dressing is smooth; season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.