Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts
Looking for a one-of-a-kind appetizer to serve at your next party? Try these mouthwatering bacon-wrapped water chestnuts, sure to have your guests coming back for seconds.
The Martha Stewart Show, October Fall 2008
- 6 water chestnuts, peeled and halved
- 6 slices bacon, halved crosswise
- Preheat broiler. Place 12 toothpicks in a shallow dish and cover with water; let stand 10 minutes.
- Wrap each piece of bacon around each water chestnut half; secure with a toothpick. Place on a baking sheet and transfer to oven. Broil, turning once, until bacon is crisp, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer bacon-wrapped water chestnuts to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain before transferring to a serving platter.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.