Blackened Salmon Sandwiches
The spice rub can be stored in an airtight plastic container for up to one month.
Martha Stewart Living
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 four-ounce salmon fillets, skin removed
- 4 slices crusty bread
- 1 bunch arugula, stems trimmed
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced crosswise
- Place cumin seed, fennel seed, oregano, and thyme in a spice grinder. Pulse until finely chopped but not powdery. Transfer
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Coat each fillet with 2 teaspoons of spice blend; pat with fingers. Place fillets in hot skillet. Cook until well browned, about 5 minutes. Flip fillets; cook through, about 5 minutes more. Transfer to plate; set aside.
- To assemble, spread bread with horseradish mixture.Top with arugula and onion. Flake salmon into chunks; place on sandwiches. Drizzle with remaining horseradish mixture; serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.