Arugula Salad with Shaved Manchego
Everyday Food, October 2006
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 to 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic or white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 bunches arugula, about 1 pound total, well rinsed, thick stems removed
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Manchego cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk honey and vinegar until combined. Whisk in oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Add arugula and sun-dried tomatoes. Using a vegetable peeler, thinly shave the Manchego; add half to the bowl, and toss to combine. Divide among four serving plates; top with remaining Manchego. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.